Friday, October 22, 2010

Sneaker Status

The Debbie Downers at the science center weren't kidding.

The sneaker has an odor such that I cannot allow it near the house.

And the tongue has been ripped to shreds.

And I don't think the lights work any more.

It is currently submerged in baking soda in an old GAP bag, hanging from the mailbox post.

And you can smell it from several feet away.

And, as I write this, I realize THIS IS THE SOLUTION to our "animals-eat-our-garden" problem. With that scent, no rabbit, groundhog or deer will get within 100 yards of our squash. Hooray!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

STOP STOP STOP!!!!!!!!!! Oder eaters has a contest every year for the stinkiest shoe. National winners get to do a week in NYC with braodway plays and super suite hotels. Yank that out and encourage the mank! It could be worth $5000 in college tuition!

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

I can't believe you are even trying to resuscitate that shoe. I would seal it in 17 ziplocs and let him keep it buried in the backyard as a time capsule.