Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Jogging, Day 17

Saturday is our big 5k event, so my jogging buddy and I went for the gold yesterday and jogged a whole three miles. Hooray, us!

We took turns pushing the BOB (we only had two kids between us that day), and I had to walk for a minute or so a couple of times, especially early on. But we reflected on how far we have come since we started two months ago, when we were truly pathetic. Now, we've graduated from "pathetic" to "very, very slow."

For me, though, it's a triumph over last summer and fall when I could barely limp along at 1 mile per hour and I didn't have the strength to do anything but shower and rest.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I would LOVE to be "very, very slow"--and I haven't had to overcome what you have.

Good luck with the big race! You're awesome!

Candice said...

I wish I could be there on Saturday. Peter told me my car is too old to make the drive to North Carolina. Good luck.