Saturday, October 30, 2010

SwindleRan

Team SwindleRun tore up the track today! Our veteran racer, who was also our fastest racer, expressed her opinion that it was a challenging course because of the many hills, some of them uncommonly steep.

I am proud to report that I accomplished my goal of finishing in less than one hour. My time was 39 minutes, or, 21 minutes faster than my previous personal best. I guess it's easier to run when you are not pushing a stroller. Also, when your doctor is right behind you, loping along with her kids at "Gee isn't this fun" speed.

The most fun part was running the second half with my mom. She was awesome. We even sprinted to the end.

Victor was the only casualty. He fell and jabbed a teal ribbon mini-flag into his throat. He's at the doctor's right now.

Thanks to all of our team members. We had a great time!

6 comments:

le said...

Brent says to Victor, "way to take one for the team."
But also, I stuck a rubber arrow down my throat when I was a wee child, maybe your mom remembers the story, it did happen in New Hampshire after all.

Unknown said...

love the title today! thanks, lots of fun, even if it was freezing!!!! xo

Cathy said...

Poor Victor!! I hope he is feeling alright! Other than that, it was so great to go today. I loved it!

Jenny said...

Congratulations, Cyndie!!! You are amazing!

Sure hope Victor heals quickly. Michelle was holding a metal bar (part of a toy) when she was about 5 and tripped and jammed it into the roof of her mouth. No fun. But fortunately, kids heal quickly. Sure hope Victor feels better soon... poor kiddo.

ashley said...

hope he is doing ok!!

Carrie said...

Great job! You are awesome.

Hope Victor is recovering nicely. Those flags will get you every time.