Monday, November 8, 2010

Fun Mom Goes Nonfiction

I hear learning is supposed to be fun, so we got some nonfiction children's books at the library today.

Two books are on desert habitats, in preparation for our trip to Boron. One even has Joshua Trees on the cover. Which is highly appropriate.

One book is on wolves, a subject of great interest since we started watching Beauty and the Beast every day. (Today's question: can wolves swim?)

One book is about nocturnal animals, which Victor studied in school last week.

And finally, a book about the Pilgrims and Thanksgiving, just in case they don't cover that in school any more.

My final thought about the library is this: do librarians take courses in Grouchiness and Unfriendliness? I mean, come on. If you don't want common folk wandering into your place of work and touching everything, library science may not be for you.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I've had that same question a few times at our local library Cyndie. There's one particular librarian that I try hard to avoid. Most of ours are great but heaven forbid you do anything even remotely "wrong" with the one.

Your nonfiction choices sound great. If there are any you end up particularly loving, let me know. I'm always looking for great nonfiction titles.

Candice said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. Why have a children's section if you are going to scowl at every child who enters the library?

Unknown said...

you gotta love greensboro's grouchy librarians! I complained when we first moved here only to realize it was the head librarian of the branch that was giving me the evil eye...

Carrie said...

We drove through Boron two weeks ago. Still awesome.

Please tell me you will be flying into Vegas!!!!