Monday, January 31, 2011

An Answer for Liz

We have one more question from Liz:

Question: When someone asks a question in a comment on my blog, how should I respond? In another comment? In an email? Or not at all because the person isn't actually looking for an answer?

Answer: This depends on what kind of blog you have. For the typical blog (like SwindleFun) where all of the readers know you and you are not trying to sell a good or service:

If the question is a nice springboard to another post, answer in a future post.

If it is a humorous question that does not require an answer, or if it was designed to simply say, "I read this post and liked it," no response is necessary.

If you have a quick, humorous response to the question, or if you think other people will have the same question, put it in the comments section for others to enjoy.


If the poster needs a serious reply, she should contact you directly by phone or email.

Thanks for the questions, Liz!

Okay Carrie--do you have any questions for SwindleFun from Unicorn Lane?

2 comments:

Liz said...

Thanks for all your well-thought answers!

Carrie said...

Okay, I have a question:

I am not someone who enjoys heated political conversations, particularly when they are started in my home by someone who is not part of my household. This is partly because I lack interest, but more importantly because I don't enjoy the feeling of contention it brings.

How can I ask this person to stop bringing up politics, or at least keep them friendly, without offending him/her or making him/her feel unwelcome?