Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Egalitarian Fun

Last week I needed to mend the hood and zipper of Victor's winter coat.

Victor was very interested in my needles and thread. As I was encouraging him to go and play I thought, "If he were a girl, I would give him a little square of cloth and his own needle and thread to experiment with."

Why not? I'm equal-rights fun!

So I rustled up some white cloth and red thread (because we spent December reading the Grinch) and showed Victor how to push the needle through the cloth.

This is what he created.



It's a bird feeder. In his words, "You see, there is a tiny hole for the birds' beaks to get the food. But it is too tiny for squirrels."

4 comments:

Molly said...

Wow. His thought process there is very impressive. I quite like his creation!

Liz said...

This might be one of your coolest posts ever.

le said...

That's so sweet.
I never thought to giving J a needle, he gets scraps of material and cuts for hours.

Katrina said...

Ah hahahahahaaa! Now, what did you say? Are you an American mom, or a Tiger Mom?