Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Night Vision

Unlike Mad Gone Mom, we suffer through snow days in which everything is canceled despite a complete lack of snow.

Such as yesterday, a snow day on which the first flurries arrived around 3 p.m. By nightfall we had accumulated approximately half an inch (and another round of daily closings).

The boys wanted to go out and play in the dusting, but since it was dark and cold and since we lack all but the most basic snow-wear, I said no. I'm not that fun.

They individually explained to me that darkness was no impediment.

Victor: I can see very good in the dark. My eyes get browner and browner and then they can see things. It's like magic!

Zeke: I can see in the dark! My eyes are red and glow and I can see!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

I love that! So funny. And the snow days. Sheesh. That's all I can say.

Jenny said...

Too cute. Yeah, my tolerance for playing in the snow is pretty low.

I'm surprised they've called snow days for so little snow... in 14 years of teaching in Utah, I've never had a snow day. Right before Thanksgiving there was a big storm expected and some schools closed early (ours didn't...but they did send everyone home right after the bell...) but I've never had a snow day.

Alisa said...

My kids might have snow boots and snowsuits, but they sure don't have eyes like your kids!

le said...

J always says, he can see in the dark because he eats carrots.

Katrina said...

I let them go out in the snow AND the cold. Its always a short trip,and I get to be an awesome mom for letting them!