Monday, January 17, 2011

Socks

Do you need a good sock strategy?

Liz has a great one over at The Sommerkorns.

My sock strategy is the complete opposite, which makes sense because matching and folding socks is the icing on my laundry cake.

Also, most of my personal socks are distinctive and easily matched.

But I think I'll use her strategy for the boys, modified for their constant out-growing of things. I currently toss any sock that has a hole. The modification to Liz's method will be to buy fewer pairs of socks than she does, but to junk all of them when the supply has dwindled to the point of needing a re-stock.

Thanks, Sis!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha!!! I am laughing at your sister, in a fun and loving way. Since my kids were babies I have only bought white socks, it is just much simpler. Plus, I love that I can bleach the heck out of them if I need to. Now that they are older, the girl's especially have more colored ones. I don't throw them all out at the same time though. Just one at a time, but you still have all the other matches! xo

ashley said...

i love funky socks. but I hate folding them! with as many socks as we have in our house this job can literally take 2 hours!