Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Healthy Manners

Katie has asked a health etiquette question.

Question: My middle child got a stomach bug two days ago.  My youngest got it last night.  My oldest has pre-school today. I am assuming that he will get it as well, but I don't know...he tends to have a stronger immune system than his sisters.  Do I keep him out of school just in case?

Answer: Ask yourself, "Would I be annoyed if [insert name of classmate] came to school even if his siblings were throwing up?"

(You may consider differences in immune systems when answering this question.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My opinion: If said pre-school child has no symptoms, send that child. It gives the pre-schooler time away from the sisters, mom a break and lack of disruption in the educational process. Keeping one a-symptomatic child home from school because of sibling illness could result in a lot of needlessly missed school!

Thoughts from Mom-of-Many, based on countless conversations with pediatricians across many years!

Cyndie said...

Spoken by someone who knows!