Thursday, March 10, 2011

More Customer Service Accolades

1. Nordstrom. Top notch. They not only take any return (suit pants after two years that had worn very badly), they do it gladly and are horrified that you had a problem with the merchandise.

2. Home Depot. The pest control kit I bought was missing half of the poison stakes. I took back the empty container, explained my problem, said I had purchased them last year and had no receipt, and the clerk very promptly fetched new poison stakes and gave them to me. She even checked the box to make sure they were all there.

3. Bare Escentuals. The people who sell Bare Minerals really, really want you to buy their makeup, and it shows. They don't even make you return makeup that is the wrong shade--they just mail you a new shade, free of charge.

1 comment:

gleehorse said...

I love places with great return policies. That alone is one of the biggest reasons I shop at Costco for large purchases as much as I can, and Kohls for clothes (who will take anything back for any reason, with or without receipt). You know, clothes sometimes just don't last as long as they should. :)