Tuesday, October 4, 2011

When Zeke Was a Grown Up

Zeke will often ask me a question about something and then say, "When I was a grow up, I used to . . . ," and fill in the blank with whatever we just discussed.

On Friday, after we discussed that Great-Grandpa had a farm on which Grandpa use to work, he announced, "When I was a grown up, I used to be a farmer."

Me: Oh? What kind of farm did you have?

Zeke: With lots of machines.

Me: Oh--machines.

Zeke: And some animals.

Me: What kinds of animals?

Zeke, without hesitation: Sheeps, gooses, ducklings, dogs, and cows.

Me: Did you grow any food?

Zeke, with confidence: Um, oh, yes. Sour apples and tomatoes.

1 comment:

le said...

He could be a farmer with only machines. My brother in law, grew up on a farm, and I they had was john deers. The only animals they had were occasional pet dog. They are sugar beet and potato farmers. I just wanted Zeke to know, farmers don't HAVE to have animals.