Wednesday, October 5, 2011

House Puzzle

One fun thing about our house is its efficient floor plan. Every square foot is useful, and we use every square foot. It's like a giant jigsaw puzzle.

Our most recent challenge was where to store the disassembled crib.

My first thought was to re-do the attic. But that proved fruitless. Even if the available space were large enough, I wasn't sure I could maneuver the crib parts around the rafters to reach the space.

I shifted to Plan B: find space in the house that will not leave things looking or feeling more crowded.

After a morning of space-seeking, it's done!

The mattress and side rails are under my bed. The stepladder had to be moved, but it has a new home in the back bedroom. The Christmas platter also moved to the back bedroom. Bonus: I got to vacuum the baseboard under my headboard.

The headboard, footboard, slatted mattress support piece and skirt board are tucked into the space between the outside wall and tall computer cabinet in the back bedroom.

The under-crib storage drawer fits snugly under Zeke's toddler bed. Bonus: it conceals items stored under his bed. 

Everything is tucked away and out of sight. 

Mission accomplished!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

So you're putting the crib in storage so you can use it again, HhhhhHHHHmmmMMMMmmMMM! :D