Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

Halloween was last night. I put up my four decorations and spent $27 (gag) on candy and costumes.

Victor was a cowboy (bandana: $2; rope: $5; multipurpose plaid shirt: $10).

Zeke was a Transformer (cardboard box covered in tin foil and Jeremy's old Decepticon hat: free).

The most entertaining part of the night was when Jeremy called me at home about 15 minutes after they had left to trick or treat.

Jeremy: Hi, Honey. Do you happen to have a full length picture of Zeke in his costume?

Me: No. I didn't get one before he ran off.

Jeremy: Oh. So . . . you don't know if he had shoes on when he left?

Me, looking around: Well, I see his shoes here. . . Is he out there with no shoes?!?!

Jeremy: Ah, yes. We'll just . . . Does he really need them? He seems okay.

It's funny because I'm very particular about my boys wearing their shoes when they are outside. And it was really cold last night.

I met them at the end of the street with Zeke's shoes. He seemed grateful.

1 comment:

gleehorse said...

I agree...shoes are VERY important. I used to go outside barefoot a lot (in warm weather), but that's besides the point. It doesn't help that we have a sweet gumball tree in our backyard...those spiky things cured my desire to go around barefoot. :)