Saturday, November 12, 2011

Product Reviews

I have started using two new products lately.

1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion.

I had been having eyeshadow and mascara issues until a clerk at Ulta put me on to this lovely stuff. It's much better than other primers I have used. I use both the regular, which is a matte, flesh-colored cream, and the Original Sin, which is shimmery and works on its own as an eyeshadow. Great stuff. It even keeps my mascara on.

Caveat: silly packaging causes eye rolling. "Original Sin?" Really? It's eyeshadow.

2. The Shark Steam Pocket Mop.

I have wanted one for a while, but the price tag was daunting. Enter the Woot Deal of the Day about three weeks ago and voila! I have a steam mop for a very reasonable price.

Like any mop, you have to sweep thoroughly first or you end up pushing a dirt line around the kitchen. And you have to do your baseboards by hand. However, if you do sweep thoroughly (especially into the corners), this is am amazing mop.

Things I like about the Shark:

a. It really gets dirt off the floor.

b. You just add water. I like Mr. Clean and Lysol, but water is less expensive.

c. There's no setup. Usually you have to scrub your sink or bucket, fill it with water and cleanser, empty and refill it when water is dirty or cold, etc. With this, you just fill the mop with water, put on the cloth pad, and plug it in.

d. The cloth pad rotates so you can use both sides.

e. Since I'm not up and down scrubbing on hands and knees, but upright, the work goes MUCH faster.

f. It dries faster and leaves no residue. (Swiffer's solution leaves awful residue. And smells bad. But nobody asked that. And I just put a washcloth dipped in diluted Lysol or Mr. Clean on my Swiffer head anyway because of the residue and smell and to add scrubbing power.)

g. You can wash and reuse the cloth pad.

No comments: