Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Resolution Account

My goal for 2011 was to improve my posture.

I accomplished my goal.

Here are some posture-related discoveries:

1. Good posture while sitting is the most difficult for me to achieve. It's so easy to slump in a seat! But better sitting posture is also the most rewarding because it enables one to play the piano without back aches.

2. Good posture requires constant vigilance. I suppose some people are born with good posture, but for me it is totally training-based. The minute I don't think about it, I slouch. Especially in a seat.

3. Unless I pay attention to my posture-correcting measures, I tend to over-correct, which looks ridiculous. Like a pigeon.

4. Practicing good posture got much easier over time as my posture muscles got stronger.

5. Improved posture was an excellent resolution. It is easy to measure, I could do it anywhere, and it improved my daily life.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Favorite post of the day. :)

Jenny said...

Way to go. I should totally make this a resolution...my posture isn't that great. But I've already made a list of resolutions that at this moment are higher on my priority list than posture. I'll keep this in mind for next year! :)

So glad that you shared how you did and how you accomplished it!