Monday, March 5, 2012

Fun Mom Rides a Bike

This Saturday, Jeremy wanted me to come on the weekly biking adventure he takes with the boys.

Since his birthday is this week, I agreed.

I don't have a bike, but there are some "free rental" bikes available at one of our parks. As you can imagine, they are one-speed beach cruisers and are not in very good repair.

Riding was fun, but my bike squeaked so loudly that I thought a persistent songbird was following me. Jeremy was kind enough to ride a loaner bike with me, and his seat kept tipping him backward.

There were free rental helmets, too. Since, the bikes were light blue, I was worried that the coordinating helmets would make me look like a UN peace keeper. Lucky for me, they were just normal bike helmets.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

You went! Hooray! I haven't owned a bike in decades...