Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Twenty Two Days

Yesterday, Zeke, Grandma, and I went to visit Victor's school.

We sat through lunch in the cafeteria. Then we went to see Victor's classroom.

Victor showed us the "how many days of school" tally on the board and explained that he had attended 158 days so far. He then told us that there were 180 days total.

So how many days are left of the school year?

With some counting and tally marks, he figured the answer: 22.

Unlike Mad Gone Mom, I am not excited about this. 

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Normally, I would be in a panic about school coming to an end. I love to send my kids to school!

But not David this year. If we did not live in such a tight close-knit community I would write about it on my blog. Maybe after second grade--when we've moved--I will write about first grade...and how to work the system with niceness, patience, and repressed anger.

le said...

Well lucky for you it is 22, we have 11.

Jenny said...

I am glad he has had a good year. Here we are all really happy for school to end...16 days left. We love school...but we love, love summer and the time together. Of course it makes a difference that summer is my time off too.