Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A SwindleFun Vacation

Last Wednesday, we went on vacation. We drove to Nashville to attend my brother's law school graduation.

Jeremy loves to drive, so the trip was fun for him.The boys like to look at large trucks on the freeway, so the trip was fun for them. I like audiobooks, so the trip was fun for me. My mom was with us, too. She loves green scenery, so the trip was fun for her.

Not everything went smoothly. The van's battery died on Wednesday and again on Friday and had to be replaced in Nashville. And Victor threw up in the bushes of Vanderbilt as soon as we arrived at the ceremony. He said, "Oh. I think I have to throw up a little now." And did. Jeremy took him home and missed the graduation. Zeke stayed. He is uncommonly easy to take places.

Friday was both the graduation and my birthday. The weather was beautiful, and Peter looked awesome in his tam, gown, and hood. Candice made me a delicious minty frozen cake, and Jeremy gave me a new hubcap for the Camry. My mom gave me some killer new sneakers.

On Saturday, we and Grandma and Grandpa took the boys and cousin Laura to the Nashville Zoo. She loves dinosaurs, or did love dinosaurs until we went through the dinosaur exhibit. The robot dinosaurs were pretty scary.

The zoo was very walkable and the kid play area was super fun. I went up the cargo nets and down a multi-story tube slide because I am so darn fun.

We did a lot of visiting, swam at the Y, attended Sacrament Meeting on Sunday morning, and ate Candice's delicious food. The boys and Laura played bad guys and swords.




No comments: