Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Zeke's New Bed

In the past months, Zeke has been getting increasingly too big for his toddler bed. So I've been cruising Craigslist for a bed that that is similar in size, style and color to Victor's bed.

(Bunk beds were out after we test drove them at Thanksgiving. Too hard to make.)

Finally, late on Saturday afternoon, I saw the perfect bed on Craigslist. Right color, right style, right size. So I called the poster, discussed a price, and hopped into the big van to go and get it. I had to drive to a town I had never visited before, but everything went smoothly.

The bed was perfect. The seller loaded it up, I drove it home, and Jeremy and I set it up.

One thing I hadn't fully appreciated was how tall it is. It's easily the tallest bed in the house. Zeke loves having the tallest bed.

Poor Zeke was quite ill on Saturday, but he still mustered some real excitement about his new bed.

As he told me on Sunday morning, "Now you can come and snuggle with me!"







And here is Victor's bed (covered with displaced items from the closet, which had to absorb Zeke's clothing because Zeke's armoire is now in a different room.)




No comments: