Monday, January 7, 2013

Creativity Challenge

I am participating in a 12-week new-year challenge. I get points for doing a variety of healthful things, including a weekly wild card.

This week's wild card is to spend 30 minutes a day doing something creative.

Creative?

It's not that I'm an un-creative person. I like to create order, for example. And I like to transform dirty, wrinkled clothes into clean, unwrinkled clothes. But I don't think that's what the challenge has in mind.

I like doing crafts twice a year at Relief Society and annually after Thanksgiving. It's fun to use my hands to make things when someone else has assembled the materials and the mess is not in my house.

Also, I like music. I think practicing the piano is creative.

Cooking can be creative. I got my creative point today by making a new recipe for dinner. To emphasize the creativity factor, I altered two ingredients.

And writing my advice column is creative, as is blogging.

But creativity, to me, is something that comes after the work is done. And somehow, the work never seems done.

3 comments:

Jen said...

ha! today I creatively cleaned by house and made muffins with a new ingredient. xo

Jenny said...

Good luck! I think being creative is good for us and can even bring joy...but I tend to think like you...that it is something to do after the work is done...or if doing the creative activity is part of my work. Today I made cards for bday gifts for Relief Society gifts....somewhat creative but part of my work.

Cyndie said...

That's my kind of multitasking! Fun and work all in one!