Saturday, January 29, 2011

Big Success

Today's weather was sunny and mild, so we decided to go to the park.

Jeremy and the boys took their bikes, and I wore my jogging clothes. I was nervous, because I haven't jogged much since the weather turned cold after Thanksgiving.

But something amazing happened.

I RAN the WHOLE 5k. Ran! The WHOLE WAY! Without walking AT ALL. UP the hills, ACROSS the flats, DOWN the other hills--and we were at the park with big hills. It was amazing, a revelation, a triumph!

It felt so good, I spent a full ten minutes telling Jeremy how amazing I was.

Come to think of it, Jeremy managed a 2 mile bike ride, including the mountain bike dirt track area, with two preschoolers on bikes.

Jeremy wins.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it! and you! and husbands that take kids so we can do something fun, and yes, I do count running as fun!