Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fun Mom to the Rescue

Today, we went to a friend's pool. It was super hot outside, and there were lots of kids there.

Because I'm fun, I was in the water with the kids with my fun friends. There was a table full of less-fun moms observing from afar.

It's a good thing I'm fun, because I noticed a little boy of about five flailing over his head in the 5-ft section of the pool. His brothers were completely oblivious and his mom hadn't noticed. I hustled over and fished him out. The poor little fellow was panicked and very upset!

I calmly carried him over to the edge of the pool and gently set him on the deck so he could go to his mom. His mom smiled and waved, but I don't think she realized what had happened. The little boy was obviously shaken and just sat with his mom looking very upset for quite a while. When he finally got back in the water, he put on a life jacket.

Moral of the story: be fun! And act immediately if you see a drowning child. 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Thank goodness you were there!!!

Cyndie said...

That's the strange thing--there were SO many people there, but no one, not even those physically closer to him, noticed.

I only noticed because I am constantly scanning for Victor at the pool as he inherited his mother's overconfidence.