Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Grandparents

My maternal grandparents are terrific!

Victor is named for Grandpa, and my niece Laura is named for Grandma.

I have met people who knew them "way back when" in my last two wards.

Here is a great picture of them.





















I have learned a lot from my grandparents (much of it via my mother). For example:

--A place for everything, and everything in its place.

--Never force mechanical things.

--You don't need to do spring cleaning if you keep things clean during the winter.

--If you treat things nicely, they will last a long time.

--Always do what is right. There is never any other option.

--Be completely faithful to your family and to the Lord.

2 comments:

le said...

I have to give a talk on Pioneers on the 24th. So I was brushing up on "the book" (and I'll be honest, I'm not much of a dream granddaughter). Anyway, I was very inspired with the legacy grandma has taught us from.

Jenny said...

Thanks for sharing! We (as a society...not saying we as in you and me personally) would do well to listen more to our elderly and learn from their wisdom.

Although...I'm a firm believer in summer cleaning...I try to keep my house in pretty good shape during the school year, but with a full time job, 3 kids, piano lessons, violin lessons, homework, reading, etc. it is far from perfect. Summer is my time to take care of closets and corners that get neglected during the school year! :)